GMG is a global well-being company retailing, distributing and manufacturing a portfolio of leading international and home-grown brands across sport, food and health sectors. Its vision is to inspire people to win in ways that make the world better. Today, GMG’s investments span across four key verticals: GMG Sports, GMG Food, GMG Health, and GMG Consumer Goods. Under the ownership and management of the Baker family, it has become a leading global company, affiliated with the world’s most successful and respected brands in the well-being sector. Working across the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia, GMG has introduced more than 120 brands into its markets.
About the Role
The stock controller will be responsible for managing the purchasing and replenishment of the retail products. The role holder is also responsible for maintaining the stock levels within the budget set by the business.
• Ensures that all inventory and stock management systems are maintained and updated accurately, and within the agreed parameters
• Receives delivered supplies, materials, and equipment; confirms that delivered goods match purchase order specifications of quantity, condition, model number, etc.; completes all necessary paperwork for stock items received
• Manages all stock movements in and out, and maintain complete log of all stock movement to ensure stocks are tallied with the transfer documents
• Maintains stock levels within the agreed inventory parameters; scans stock received and delivered and highlight any discrepancy, to ensure stock movement is logged and properly controlled.
• Maintains the storeroom and the allocation of space for stock; ensures the storeroom meets defined regulations
• Supervises the implementation of health and safety procedures
• Coordinates with Store operations staffs to identify and prepare damaged stock list to ensure the said stock is scanned, packed and sent to the warehouse after obtaining required approvals
• Executes weekly cycle counts of inventory materials based upon system reports; assists in conducting complete physical inventory count annually
• Defines goals and key performance indicators for each member of the team and ensures effective implementation of the GMG’s performance management process
• Develops talent within the team by providing guidance and coaching to achieve the defined goals