GMG is a global well-being company retailing, distributing, and manufacturing a portfolio of leading international and home-grown brands across sport, food, and health sectors. Its vision is to inspire people to win in ways that make the world better. Today, GMG’s investments span across four key verticals: GMG Sports, GMG Food, GMG Health, and GMG Consumer Goods. Under the ownership and management of the Baker family, it has become a leading global company, affiliated with the world’s most successful and respected brands in the well-being sector. Working across the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia, GMG has introduced more than 120 brands into its markets.
About the role
- Maintains and analysis information on brand/category sales history, stock budget, current inventory level, and prepares sales forecast by brand/category and season to ensure seasonal ‘open-to-buy’ figures.
- Monitors brand/category plans based on insights gained from store analytics, customer preference, historical trends.
- Coordinates with the buying team for necessary execution and ensures effective in season management across retails stores/areas (stock balancing, markdown management, stock analysis, stock vs sales performance).
- Prepares capacity plan and control inventories at each store; tracks and monitors inventory levels for each brand/category, keeping in mind store requirements as well as working capital constraints
- Ensures identification of obsolete/slow moving stock and obtain management approval on markdowns and product discounts to ensure stock is liquidated as per retail /brand SOP guidelines
- Prepares variance analysis reports pf stocks and sales against budgeted figures, identify brand/category growth opportunities to minimize down trending business
- To manage Seasonal Sell Through at Brand/Category level.
- Promotion and EOSS Planning as per Ministry Guidelines.
- Monitors and sets targets by brand/category for ITR, GMROI & GMROII and densities to increase profitability.
- Defines performance goals at the start of the year in discussion with the reporting manager and ensures that the goals are achieved during the course of the year
- Takes ownership of his/her own learning agenda by identifying development needs in consultation with the manager and agreeing on the individual development plan which goes beyond just training and development
- Keeps abreast of professional developments, new techniques and current issues through continued education and professional growth
- A minimum of 5-6 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Buying and Merchandising or its equivalent