GMG is a global well-being company retailing, distributing and manufacturing a portfolio of leading international and home-grown brands across sport, food and health sectors. Its vision is to inspire people to win in ways that make the world better. Today, GMG’s investments span across four key verticals: GMG Sports, GMG Food, GMG Health, and GMG Consumer Goods. Under the ownership and management of the Baker family, it has become a leading global company, affiliated with the world’s most successful and respected brands in the well-being sector. Working across the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia, GMG has introduced more than 120 brands into its markets.
About the Role
Handle Search Engine Optimization for GMG’s eCommerce NIKE business.
· Handling all aspects of SEO, including:
· On Page SEO such as Keyword research, meta tags, SEO site architecture, internal linking etc.
· SEO Technical analysis such as improving page speed
· Link Analysis and Link Strategies (creative out of the box thinking is necessary)
· Complete and detailed website audits
· Competitor research and analysis
· Excellent data analysis skills
· Content Development based on content gaps or potential opportunities
· Keep up to date with latest industry developments, news, tools etc.
· Monitor and evaluate search results and search performance across the major search channels in order to improve rankings
· Maintain regular communication with the category managers
· Implement and administer search engine programs (XML sitemaps, webmaster tools etc.)
· Provide recommendations in coordination with elements and structure of websites and web pages
· Develop a thorough understanding of the online retail industry and demonstrate the same effectively on the deliverables, internal & external discussions, etc.
· Prepare monthly progress reports which tracks the category progress and also provide useful recommendations to the category teams.
· Prioritize tasks based on dynamic category inputs
· Bachelor’s degree equivalent professional experience
· 4+ years relevant professional experience