GMG is a global well-being company retailing, distributing and manufacturing a portfolio of leading international and home-grown brands across sport, food and health sectors. Its vision is to inspire people to win in ways that make the world better. Today, GMG’s investments span across four key verticals: GMG Sports, GMG Food, GMG Health, and GMG Consumer Goods. Under the ownership and management of the Baker family, it has become a leading global company, affiliated with the world’s most successful and respected brands in the well-being sector. Working across the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia, GMG has introduced more than 120 brands into its markets.
About the Role
The role holder is responsible for supporting the function by performing day-to-day tasks necessary for the efficient management and operations of retail properties.
- Scouting for property acquisition opportunities for new store development / retail expansion plus other group properties across existing and new territories
- Identifying domestic / regional retail projects in the GCC and other identified / target countries
- Collaborates with Business Units to understand and facilitate business requirements, to ensure alignment with the project strategy and commercial goals
- Liaises with developers/landlords, and negotiates terms and conditions of leasing agreements for smaller accounts for the purpose of obtaining the best rates
- Responds to tenants/Landlords’ enquiries and complaints, and ensures that it is resolved in a timely manner
- Reviews leasing documents and highlights any exceptions to the management, to ensure corrective actions are in place
- Coordinates with the Legal function for any matters related to leasing, to ensure that leasing activities are in compliance with statutory and legal requirements
- Coordinates with the Finance team for payment of rentals or any other related financial issues
- Compiles, maintains, and updates information related to leasing, and provides regular reports to the Leasing Manager, whenever required
- Keeps abreast knowledge about leasing rates, property laws, changes in any rules and regulations, and communicates it with GMG’s business units in a timely manner
- Acts a focal point of contact between business units and developers/landlords for leasing related matters
- Track sales to rent ratios and where appropriate and possible negotiate rents to the benefit of the business.
- Experience of planning, managing and organizing resources within short /
medium timescales within the overall policy framework
- A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in the GCC
- Fluent in English and Arabic skills (written and spoken)