GMG is a global well-being company retailing, distributing and manufacturing a portfolio of leading international and home-grown brands across sport, food and health sectors. Its vision is to inspire people to win in ways that make the world better. Today, GMG’s investments span across four key verticals: GMG Sports, GMG Food, GMG Health, and GMG Consumer Goods. Under the ownership and management of the Baker family, it has become a leading global company, affiliated with the world’s most successful and respected brands in the well-being sector. Working across the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia, GMG has introduced more than 120 brands into its markets.
About the Role:
This position will require the candidate to help to support the business in driving profitability through aligning the brick & mortar space planning to the business strategies. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring profitability by maintaining records, coordinating with other functions of the business & through analysis of space, capacity & inventory.
- Aligns with brands design objectives to support Product Presentation standards and meet financial goals
- Manages the work-streams and processes to enhance the consumer journey; provides a platform to derive space metrics to ensure effective financial, buying and seasonal assortment plans
- Plans retail space & capacity at a category level by season for all stores
- Liaises with Buyers, Planners, Projects Team, Visual Merchandising and retail teams to ensure effective implementation of space planning
- Maps out assortments by fixture with the Buying team in line with the seasonal selection as well as Brands flows and guidelines
- Maintains fixture counts, space & capacity on a seasonal basis and ensures stock levels are correct in stores
- Works with the categories stakeholders to understand the weight of the category for store display; determines and recommends the zoning and space allocation for the showroom
- Analyzes sales data, reviews productivity and suggests zoning plans, stock room capacities and display management techniques in line with the results
- Monitor the stores’ performance weekly to identify opportunities for improvement, trends & future space needs in the form of monthly reports.
- Be the SPOC & coordinate changes between all functions of the business during seasonal/mid-season changes.
- Defines performance goals at the start of the year in discussion with the reporting manager and ensures that the goals are achieved during the course of the year
- Takes ownership of his/her own learning agenda by identifying development needs in consultation with the manager and agreeing on the individual development plan which goes beyond just training and development
- Keeps abreast of professional developments, new techniques and current issues through continued education and professional growth
Educational Qualifications and Certificates:
Bachelor’s Degree in Merchandising, Architecture or Interior Design, Business or relevant discipline.
- A minimum of 1 to 3 years of relevant experience with at least 1 year in a similar role