GMG is a global well-being company retailing, distributing and manufacturing a portfolio of leading international and home-grown brands across sport, food and health sectors. Its vision is to inspire people to win in ways that make the world better. Today, GMG’s investments span across four key verticals: GMG Sports, GMG Food, GMG Health, and GMG Consumer Goods. Under the ownership and management of the Baker family, it has become a leading global company, affiliated with the world’s most successful and respected brands in the well-being sector. Working across the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia, GMG has introduced more than 120 brands into its markets.
About the Role:
This position requires the candidate to support the business in driving profitability by aligning the retail space to the business’ strategies.
- The candidate will be responsible for proposing buying & space strategies for each season to improve profitability by detailed analysis of space, & inventory KPIs
Space & inventory KPI.
For all BUs within the Sports division
• Develops a long-term Space Planning strategy to improve the business’ current profitability on space & inventory.
• Proposes initiatives through which the business can improve on its existing consumer journey, conversion, UPTs, GMROM, GMROI & ITR.
• Plans the FY Space Planning budget to meet the business’s requirements with the required ROI.
• Efficiently & effectively manages the approved FY budget to launch initiatives & implement seasonal changes as per the agreed timelines.
• Influences the buying strategy of the business at category/division level by using key productivity metrics.
• Develops seasonal plans to implements changes as per the business & buying strategy
• Develops & establishes SOPs for the department to increase overall efficiency of the department
• Schedules & monitors all ongoing projects
• Presents monthly space & inventory productivity reports to other retail function for in season opportunities.
• Hires, coaches, supervises the team members to achieve the yearly KPIs
• Works closely with Central Planning to execute & drive better SKU efficiencies
• Defines performance goals at the start of the year in discussion with the reporting manager and ensures that the goals are achieved during the course of the year.
• Acts professionally & builds on relationship with his/her peers.
• Develops a strong understanding of the retail business.
• Manages self
• Takes ownership of his/her own learning agenda by identifying development needs in consultation with the manager and agreeing on the individual development plan which goes beyond just training and development
• Keeps abreast of professional developments, new techniques and current issues through continued education and professional growth