GMG is a global well-being company retailing, distributing and manufacturing a portfolio of leading international and home-grown brands across sport, food and health sectors. Its vision is to inspire people to win in ways that make the world better. Today, GMG’s investments span across four key verticals: GMG Sports, GMG Food, GMG Health, and GMG Consumer Goods. Under the ownership and management of the Baker family, it has become a leading global company, affiliated with the world’s most successful and respected brands in the well-being sector. Working across the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia, GMG has introduced more than 120 brands into its markets.
About the Role:
This position requires the candidate to support the Space Planning Manager in driving profitability of the business by aligning the retail space to the strategies. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring profitability by detailed analysis of space, capacity & inventory, Developing reports to identify opportunities, capacity & inventory, facilitate seasonal changes for their cluster of stores with other retail functions of the business.
For their cluster of stores
- Maintains an accurate database of floor plans, space & capacity.
- Prepares & analyzes weekly space & inventory productivity reports.
- Identifies opportunities & makes proposals for seasonal changes.
- Serves as the key liaison between other retail functions of the business to implement seasonal changes.
- Conduct Pre/Post analysis of seasonal space moves.
- Efficiently & effectively manages the FY budget for each store.
- Aligns with Buyers, Planners, Projects Team, Visual Merchandising and retail teams to ensure effective implementation of space planning
- Works with the categories stakeholders to understand the weight of the category for store display; determines and recommends the optimal zoning.
- Engages with peers to train, coach & develop with everyday tasks
- Manages the work-streams and processes to enhance the consumer journey; provides a platform to derive space metrics to ensure effective financial, buying and seasonal assortment plans
- Aligns with the business’ objectives to support Product Presentation standards and meet financial goals
- Prepares orders for permanent fixtures & elements along with the Projects & VM department for new store openings.
- Defines performance goals at the start of the year in discussion with the reporting manager and ensures that the goals are achieved during the course of the year.
- Acts professionally & builds on relationship with his/her peers.
- Develops a strong understanding of the retail business.
- Takes ownership of his/her own learning agenda by identifying development needs in consultation with the manager and agreeing on the individual development plan which goes beyond just training and development
- Keeps abreast of professional developments, new techniques and current issues through continued education and professional growth
Educational Qualifications and Certificates:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field.
A minimum of 2 to 4 years of relevant experience with at least 2 years in a similar role