GMG is a global well-being company retailing, distributing and manufacturing a portfolio of leading international and home-grown brands across sport, food and health sectors. Its vision is to inspire people to win in ways that make the world better. Today, GMG’s investments span across four key verticals: GMG Sports, GMG Food, GMG Health, and GMG Consumer Goods. Under the ownership and management of the Baker family, it has become a leading global company, affiliated with the world’s most successful and respected brands in the well-being sector. Working across the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia, GMG has introduced more than 120 brands into its markets.
About the Role
The role holder will be responsible for managing day to day administration functions of GMG to ensure that the functions are performing in an efficient manner and as per GMG’s policies and procedures. The role holder is also accountable for supplying requested goods and services to the concerned departments of GMG. This role will coordinate with vendors and end-users to monitor their activities and ensuring compliance to established guidelines.
- Assists in developing the strategy and plans for the Admin Department
- Prepares and manages the annual budget for the Admin Department and secures subsequent approval, tracks expenditure and ensures adherence to the budget
- Defines the operating framework and policies for the Admin Department and ensures compliance with internal quality standards
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to ensure seamless execution of services within and outside the Admin Department
- Ensures the smooth operations of all outsourced administrative services such as Internal Requests for material and consumables, Catering, Communication, Fleet, Staff Accommodation and etc.
- Leads and directs continuous improvements in process efficiency and cost minimization within the Department’s activities
- Oversees the activities of the Administration function in the provision of cost effective, timely and quality services across the Group
- Monitors and validates departmental expenses to ensure that all the activities undertaken are in line with the policy standards
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to govern the Purchase Request process for materials, goods and services
- Directs, manages and monitors negotiations with suppliers of major services and critical contracts prices, credit terms and other conditions of the agreement with the necessary Departments and based on competitive deal Agreements
- Manages service level agreements with contractors, vendors and suppliers to ensure high quality of service is provided. This includes corporate accounts for office supplies and internal services and etc.
- Directs and manages due diligence for new contractors and suppliers according to the defined prequalification criteria
- Acts as a main point of contact between GMG and vendors/suppliers for facilitating any requests and resolve any issues
- Analyses and organizes office operations and procedures such as flow of correspondence, requisition of supplies, office reception and secretaries, building maintenance, office machinery and establishes uniform correspondence procedures and practices
- Defines goals and key performance indicators for each member of the team and ensures effective implementation of the GMG’s performance management process
- Develops talent within the team by providing guidance, mentoring and coaching to achieve the defined goals and a high performance team.
- Drives a culture of feedback and coaching in the Business Unit/ Department by providing feedback on an ongoing basis, identifying development needs and coaching the employees on the areas of improvement
Educational Qualifications and Certificates
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration
- Master’s degree in Business Administration is preferred
- Qualifications in Project Management is preferred
- A minimum of 5 -10 years of relevant experience with at least 4 years in a similar role