GMG is a global well-being company retailing, distributing and manufacturing a portfolio of leading international and home-grown brands across sport, food and health sectors. Its vision is to inspire people to win in ways that make the world better. Today, GMG’s investments span across four key verticals: GMG Sports, GMG Food, GMG Health, and GMG Consumer Goods. Under the ownership and management of the Baker family, it has become a leading global company, affiliated with the world’s most successful and respected brands in the well-being sector. Working across the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia, GMG has introduced more than 120 brands into its markets.
- To ensure the smooth operations of the Brand and team members.
- Accountable for sales target for Ted Baker stores in Malaysia.
- To facilitate all Marketing / Promotional activities.
- Training and Grooming of Staff to adhere to Ted’s standards in customer service and operational procedures.
- Chalk out or improve operational systems, processes and best practices that guarantee organizational well-being.
- Goal setting for individuals and team members.
- Recruit, supervise and appraise team members. Contribute towards the Company’s strategic and operational objectives.
- Responsible for consumer satisfaction within the Brand.
- To be responsible for the stores under his/ her care or any other stores when duly notify by the senior management.
- To be responsible for the stores operations and lead the team to achieve high operational and productivity efficiency.
- To lead the store management and floor staff to achieve the sales budget/target set.
- To be the mentor and trainer to her senior team members i.e. store managers via transfer of knowledge and best practices to deliver a highly dedicated store management team.
- To be responsible and accountable for the commercial and profitability aspects of the stores under her care.
- To emphasis and work closely with Store Managers and Area Managers to deliver a team that is constantly delivering high standard of service.
- To work closely with the training team to identify training needs for her team.
- To communicate effectively to the team and encourage free flow of feedbacks and ideas.
- To maintain store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- To complete store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- To maintain store staff job results by coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- To identify current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- To ensure availability of merchandise and services by approving contracts; maintaining inventories.
- To formulate pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determining additional needed sales promotion; authorizing clearance sales; studying trends.
- In the absent of the store manager and/or Area Managers or when the case require higher authority intervention, to attend to customer request or complaint within 24 hours.
- To act as an auditor to ensure that all the back end functions, risk management controls are in place.
- Ensure Store Managers and Area Managers constantly carried thorough documents checking and maintain good filing systems according to the audit findings and action plan.
- To conduct check randomly to ensure stores fully implement the SOPs.
- To guide the store team to maintain a good back end storage system and goods are in FIFO cycle.
- To promote teamwork amongst the staff and support group.
- To be responsible on construct new operations related SOP when such needs arise, update the current Operations Manual and brief the entire operations team.
- To take charge of audit processes/ profit protection measures in the stores and to ensure that all initiatives are deployed.
- Ensure stores trade safely and legally at all times by ensuring appropriate licenses are obtained and renewed accordingly.
- Identify potential risk to store operations and take actions to resolve or rectify the situation.
- To adhere to legal and company regulations, policies and ensure company assets are safeguarded through implementing policies that relates to health, safety and security.
- To cut unknown losses by identifying potential risk area, make necessary control and take charge of the SOP on in-store security to control movements of staff/visitors/stocks in and out of the premise.
- To ensure maximum usage of resources to achieve maximum efficiency via effective planning of operations resources and implementing sound administrative practices.
- To manage project based activities i.e. New Store Opening or any other duties may be assigned by the management from time to time.
- To be in charge of the overall outsource services negotiation and service quality i.e. Cleaning service, pets control in-store security and etc.
- In charge of the overall recruitment of the store management team.
- Work closely with the logistic team to fine tune current delivery to achieve higher delivery efficiency.
- Candidate must possess at least a Diploma in any fields.
- At least 5 years of working experience in the retail operations or fashion background.
- Possess good interpersonal skills and communications skills.
- Good problem solving skills and able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate positive mindset and attitude.
- Adaptable, disciplined and self-motivated.
- Sales oriented and excellent in customer service skills.
- Required languages: English and Bahasa Malaysia, Chinese language will be an added advantage.
- Must be able to work on shifts, public holidays and weekends.