GMG is a global well-being company retailing, distributing and manufacturing a portfolio of leading international and home-grown brands across sport, food and health sectors. Its vision is to inspire people to win in ways that make the world better. Today, GMG’s investments span across four key verticals: GMG Sports, GMG Food, GMG Health, and GMG Consumer Goods. Under the ownership and management of the Baker family, it has become a leading global company, affiliated with the world’s most successful and respected brands in the well-being sector. Working across the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia, GMG has introduced more than 120 brands into its markets.
About the role
The role holder is responsible for providing support in driving sales through the performance and development of the Store Sales team. The role is also responsible of ensuring the delivery of exceptional operational, commercial and customer service standards.
- Supports in delivering the store annual sales targets
- Assists in maintaining proper coverage and schedule so as to ensure the store maintains high levels of customer service
- Conducts store operations audits to ensure compliance with the required store standard operating policies
- Oversees the store’s after sales processes and ensures full adherence to repair/return policies and procedures through proper communication with internal stakeholders.
- Ensures customer needs are met, complaints are resolved and customer service provided is of exceptional standard; identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapports with potential and existing customers
- Ensures that visual merchandising standards are achieved and that products are displayed in accordance with brand policy
- Ensures promotions and pricing are accurate and in tune with company standards and policies.
- Generates and analyzes sales reports and provides insights to maximize stock potential; reports on the performance of new and core collections
- Submits daily invoices and sales recap to Finance
- Executes store operations including cash handling, inventory taking and record keeping in line with company’s standard operating procedures
- Maintains proper loss prevention standards and ensures compliance with cash handling, fraud and theft of products
- Manages inventory such as in-bound movement of goods, receiving, stocking, restocking, transfers and managing inventory discrepancies
- Ensures interior and exterior of the store are clean and maintained to company and brand standards
- Directs the team to follow standard operating procedures and store appearance standards
- Carries out the duties of a cashier (as required)
- Defines goals and key performance indicators for each member of the team and ensures effective implementation of the GMG’s performance management process
- Develops talent within the team by providing guidance, mentoring and coaching to achieve the defined goals
- Drives a culture of feedback and coaching in the Business Unit/ Department by providing feedback on an ongoing basis, identifying development needs and coaching the employees on the areas of improvement
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Industry expertise
- Product/Category knowledge
- Retail Experience