GMG is a global well-being company retailing, distributing and manufacturing a portfolio of leading international and home-grown brands across sport, food and health sectors. Its vision is to inspire people to win in ways that make the world better. Today, GMG’s investments span across four key verticals: GMG Sports, GMG Food, GMG Health, and GMG Consumer Goods. Under the ownership and management of the Baker family, it has become a leading global company, affiliated with the world’s most successful and respected brands in the well-being sector. Working across the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia, GMG has introduced more than 120 brands into its markets.
About the Role:
We are looking for a highly motivated Packaging Specialist - This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding GMG Food division that creates holistic, consumer-obsessed experiences using a people-centered process for our brands. Packaging Specialist will drive thought leadership, team and vendor structure development and budget allocation strategy.
Packaging Specialist will lead end-to-end innovative packaging design and visual identity strategy for GMG Food. This includes short-term and long-term portfolio strategy, along with seamless execution and project oversight. As an integral member of the Marketing team, you will contribute to our Marketing departments to deliver design concepts, and packaging artwork within content creation milestones.
- Lead visual identity strategy to drive our GMG Brands as the category market leader- provides break-through, differentiated, high quality and on-target visual solutions and packaging design strategies addressing the brand opportunities across all our brands and segments.
- Initiate and lead workshops and strategy sessions internally and externally to drive proper strategy and thought leadership.
- Develop best in class visual identity and packaging design team: lead vendor selection and structure strategy based on internal and external trends and business strategy needs for proper effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Lead creative development and flawless implementation of yearly branding and packaging design plans in partnership with the brand team and other cross-functional teams.
- Ensures that all visual identity efforts meet a wide range of strategic segment objectives (defined in graphic briefs) and adhere to marketing, legal, and production quality standards.
- Establish consistent protocol to ensure consistent application of brand visual identity through detailed brand guidelines shared across organization.
- Leads the development productive and collaborative partnerships with design agencies to create engaging, business building visual communication.
- Require more than 4 years of experience in design or consumer marketing with training or equivalent FMCG experience
- Experience in account management, strategic planning, and creative leadership
- Experience in budget leadership and management to maximize impact, drive priorities and business
- Demonstrated strategic business and analytical skills; including understanding of key project management principles in the product development space (Time, Cost, Compliance, Feasibility, Risk Assessment, Design Goals, Problem Solving, Metrics, Formal Alignment) and how to leverage this knowledge to make sound business recommendations in a fluid strategic environment is required.
- Thorough knowledge of the consumer product industry or relevant experience in adjacent industries is preferred.
- Proven ability to drive process in complex, interrelated cross-functional new product development and large-scale brand redesign projects is required.
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Flexible to evolving responsibilities in a fast-growing company