GMG is a global well-being company retailing, distributing and manufacturing a portfolio of leading international and home-grown brands across sport, food and health sectors. Its vision is to inspire people to win in ways that make the world better. Today, GMG’s investments span across four key verticals: GMG Sports, GMG Food, GMG Health, and GMG Consumer Goods. Under the ownership and management of the Baker family, it has become a leading global company, affiliated with the world’s most successful and respected brands in the well-being sector. Working across the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia, GMG has introduced more than 120 brands into its markets.
About the Role:
To drive category performance through detailed analysis of product assortment, pricing change analysis, historical changes and future forecasting and vendor proposals and agreements.
- Lead the category planning process, highlighting growth opportunities and identifying business targets through category, shopper and market analysis
- Plan store promotions that feature popular products and ensure that all product lines are adequately stocked and available
- Establish and implement a category sales plan that meets agreed sales, margin and profit targets
- Negotiate best buying prices with suppliers and obtain maximum possible discounts while managing store purchases to optimize rebate
- Set up the full logistic cycle from order placement till goods received at the store to ensure that stock levels are adequate and match the requirements / forecasted demand
- Coordinate with the IT team to control the master database and update system price list, new item creation, product description, barcode creation, cost price, and data clearing
- Design planograms and set display standards by creating guide books and coach section managers and store managers.
- Review and analyze feedback from stores on suppliers, quality of products, price changes, promotions and plan actions in accordance to optimize sales growth
Educational Qualifications & Certificates
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management/ Marketing or equivalent
Required professional skills
- 8-10 years of total experience with at least 3-4 years of experience on similar position managing Fruits & Vegetable Category in FMCG Retail industry in UAE or GCC
- Applicant must have excellent product knowledge
- Should have good buying experience and supplier's network
- Confidence & Assertiveness
- Negotiation and Convincing Skills
- Budgeting & Sales Analysis
- Business Development
- Pricing strategy