GMG is a global well-being company retailing, distributing and manufacturing a portfolio of leading international and home-grown brands across sport, food and health sectors. Its vision is to inspire people to win in ways that make the world better. Today, GMG’s investments span across four key verticals: GMG Sports, GMG Food, GMG Health, and GMG Consumer Goods. Under the ownership and management of the Baker family, it has become a leading global company, affiliated with the world’s most successful and respected brands in the well-being sector. Working across the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia, GMG has introduced more than 120 brands into its markets.
About the Role:
The role holder is responsible for managing and implementing the assigned Business Unit’s marketing strategy, plans and initiatives. The role holder will also be responsible for ensuring that the positioning of the assigned Business Unit brand is consistent and as per the established brand guidelines.
- Supports in preparing the annual marketing budget for the assigned Business Unit along with the senior management team, and allocates resources accordingly
- Participates in the development of integrated marketing plans to best maximize brand presence in the market
- Builds the annual marketing calendar with the support of business functions and other key stakeholders, and ensures seamless execution of marketing activities and initiatives
- Coordinates with GMG’s internal departments to develop brand and product attributes and positioning in line with the business requirements
- Works closely with PR and media agency to optimize and maximize brand presence in the market
- Plans and implements the utilization of various media channels with a view to maximize return on investment across all marketing initiatives
- Liaises with vendor / suppliers to ensure efficient delivery of projects as per the established guidelines and set timelines
- Defines goals and key performance indicators for each member of the team and ensures effective implementation of the GMG’s performance management process
- Develops talent within the team by providing guidance and coaching to achieve the defined goals
- Drives a culture of feedback and coaching in the Business Unit/ Department by providing feedback on an ongoing basis, identifying development needs and coaching the employees on the areas of improvement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Marketing
- Master’s Degree in Marketing is preferre
- A minimum of 5-6 years of experience in the Sports Division: experience in Retail and/or Sports practice