GMG is a global well-being company retailing, distributing and manufacturing a portfolio of leading international and home-grown brands across sport, food and health sectors. Its vision is to inspire people to win in ways that make the world better. Today, GMG’s investments span across four key verticals: GMG Sports, GMG Food, GMG Health, and GMG Consumer Goods. Under the ownership and management of the Baker family, it has become a leading global company, affiliated with the world’s most successful and respected brands in the well-being sector. Working across the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia, GMG has introduced more than 120 brands into its markets.
About the Role:
The role holder is responsible for supporting to drive the loss prevention strategy for GMG across all locations and stores to minimize the loss of merchandise, money and company assets. The role holder is also responsible for managing a team of Loss Prevention Executives and maintain high level standards.
- Reduces losses, minimizes risks, unifies processes, and follow Loss Prevention best practice, SOPs, processes and policies
- Ensure to achieve the Annual Work Plan (AWP) by forward planning the team activities, prioritizing and delegating tasks to ensure all agreed number of activities within the AWP are achieved per Financial Year.
- Offer field base support to relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure the results of Risk Assessment visits are submitted to the relevant stakeholders in timely manner.
- Leads the categorization/segregation of stores/warehouses by their risk status and provides an action plan for stores highlighted in Red/High risk category.
- Conducts regular meetings with relevant Operation Management teams to ensure improvement on results and to identify common failure modules and provide solution issues pertaining to the merchandise loss in the stores
- Ensures all incidents reports are being reviewed, logged respond to any “Major” event/incident that may need Loss Prevention support/attendance.
- Provide training and development for the field team on upskill their knowledge in Loss Prevention.
- Ensures the department data base to be updated with the latest data.
- Ensures to conduct ‘Loss Prevention Awareness’ trainings across GMG stores and offices as per the learning and development calendar for the year, in coordination with the HR and the Operations team
- Liaises with the Stock Assurance team in obtaining and analyzing stock take results, identifying poor result/high loss stores and developing/implementing internal controls and Stock Loss Action Plan (SLAP) in conjunction with brand operation team
- Conduct regular visits to GMG locations along with the relevant stakeholders to evaluate the risks, if any and provide action plans.
- Leads the development of external guards, evaluating performance and services.
- Identify and challenges poor performance, low recovery rate and no ROI and ensures that proper measures are undertaken by the corporate and the store operations to improve the situation.
- understand the data analytics to review and drive action plans to reduce the leakage at front end (POS/Billing systems).
- Should be an individual contributor – Review /Monitor the plan as well execute the risk assessment.
Educational Qualifications and Certificates:
- Degree in Business Administration or any relevant field.
- Loss Prevention related Certification is preferred (CFE, CPP)
- Experience in Security services, Security equipment is preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience with at least 3 years managing the Loss Prevention / Asset Protection Department as a capacity of an Executive or Manager for a large retail organization.
- Experience in Retail, Food & Pharmacy sector.