GMG is a global well-being company retailing, distributing and manufacturing a portfolio of leading international and home-grown brands across sport, food and health sectors. Its vision is to inspire people to win in ways that make the world better. Today, GMG’s investments span across four key verticals: GMG Sports, GMG Food, GMG Health, and GMG Consumer Goods. Under the ownership and management of the Baker family, it has become a leading global company, affiliated with the world’s most successful and respected brands in the well-being sector. Working across the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia, GMG has introduced more than 120 brands into its markets.
About the Role:
- Prepare kick-off presentation by determining audit objectives, audit scope and audit timelines, etc. as per Group Internal Audit format.
- Determine the auditing procedures to be used, including statistical sampling and the use of electronic data processing tools.
- Perform functional, financial, operational or compliance audits as per annual internal audit plan and special management request
- Identifies key risk exposures and mitigating factors during the audit review.
- Carry out the ‘Retail operations’ audits at the stores and warehouse locations as per the audit plan / defined checklist to identify the improvement and recommend action plans to improve.
- Track the audit actions for timely and effectively implementation on monthly basis. Support the local management wherever required in implementation of action plans. Prepare follow-up presentations for the management.
- Prepare all audit files including working papers, audit program, draft report as per internal audit standard.
- Timely submit the draft report for management review post the audit. Coordinate with process owners to receive responses on the draft report and review the action plans to finalize the report, prepare executive summary to share with Senior Management, send post audit survey and receive feedback on the report
- Ensure Internal Audit communication protocol is followed for all communication with process owners/ auditees. Coordinate with process owners during the field work and timely report to Assistant Manager/Audit Manager/Senior Audit Manager on any foreseen delays.
- Support the management team on other tasks as appropriate during the transition phases / special projects
- Provide advisory services for new process changes, business changes, etc.
- Manages the development and maintenance of auditee and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
- Graduate degree in finance / Accounting or a related subject.
- Working towards Professional qualifications such as CIA, CFE, CA, ACCA, CPA or other qualification relevant to Internal Audit
- Good background in computer applications such as MS office, Visio, DATA visualization/ analytical tool/software experience
- 2 to 3 years of post-qualification relevant experience in Audit/Loss Prevention and Inventory management
- Industry preference - Retail or FMCG