GMG is a global well-being company retailing, distributing and manufacturing a portfolio of leading international and home-grown brands across sport, food and health sectors. Its vision is to inspire people to win in ways that make the world better. Today, GMG’s investments span across four key verticals: GMG Sports, GMG Food, GMG Health, and GMG Consumer Goods. Under the ownership and management of the Baker family, it has become a leading global company, affiliated with the world’s most successful and respected brands in the well-being sector. Working across the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia, GMG has introduced more than 120 brands into its markets.
About the role:
The role holder is responsible for facilitating on-going business relationships with the assigned accounts and providing support and service to the business clients on a day to day basis.
- Managing existing key customers/ accounts in order to achieve assigned sales target, meet objectives of retention and further account development; onboarding new clients
- Generates and maintains sales forecasts for key accounts and provides this information in an accurate and timely manner
- Implements category display and enhance distribution coverage and product visibility by ensuring right product is available in the right place and at the right time
- Ensures frequent in-store visitation to monitor implementation of brand/ category presence, door volume, visual roll-out etc.
- Provides high-quality customer experience and satisfaction by ensuring exceptional services is provided to customers at all times
- Interacts regularly with key accounts related to weekly selling, deliveries and stock availability; Increases accounts revenue and identifies fresh business opportunities adhering to given budget structure
- Collects, analyzes and reports feedback from key accounts to identify customer requirements and pass on the business intelligence for effective decision making; Assists in developing segment level account plans for key accounts
- Ensures all day-to-day requests are addressed, and timely and quality resolution is provided for all queries
- Analyzes activities of competitors within the account in order to manage the issues and recommend actions to counter competitor activities
- Supports coordination of account orders including entry, tracking, order confirmation, cancellations and delivery information; Meets all order deadlines in a timely and consistent manner
- Defines goals and key performance indicators for each member of the team and ensures effective implementation of the GMG's performance management process
- Develops talent within the team by providing guidance and coaching to achieve the defined goals
- Drives a culture of feedback and coaching in the Business Unit/ Department by providing feedback on an ongoing basis, identifying development needs and coaching the employees on the areas of improvement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business Administration
- A minimum of 4-6 years of relevant experience
- Financial acumen –understanding of budgeting, management of accounts, financial reports and book keeping process
- Account management and relationship building
- Customer service orientation
- Sales function (where applicable)
- Category management functions (where applicable)