GMG is a global well-being company retailing, distributing and manufacturing a portfolio of leading international and home-grown brands across sport, food and health sectors. Its vision is to inspire people to win in ways that make the world better. Today, GMG’s investments span across four key verticals: GMG Sports, GMG Food, GMG Health, and GMG Consumer Goods. Under the ownership and management of the Baker family, it has become a leading global company, affiliated with the world’s most successful and respected brands in the well-being sector. Working across the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia, GMG has introduced more than 120 brands into its markets.
About the Role:
The role holder will be responsible to grow brand/category market share across the GCC Region through provision of an effective and innovative product portfolio. The role is responsible for contributing to Business Unit’s overall brand/category strategy from a distribution perspective for new markets, as well as partnering and maintaining key relationships with principals for brands/categories managed and maximizes sales and profitability in new markets.
- Understanding the Export Market of our Brands/ Products in the New Market and build a strategy to drive sales from the assigned brand/category by developing comprehensive business plans
- Developing new markets for the Export business in the Middle East region and build a database of potential export customers and create an understanding on the country specific compliance and feasible operations
- Promoting and managing customer profile and market analysis of existing partners and develop, manage periodic marketing activity for the Export territories.
- Leads and oversees the buying requirements and formulates buying plan and budget for the brand/category and ensures proper monitoring of orders based on the buying plan and follow-ups on merchandise delivery as per the plan
- Monitors and analyses business performance by brand/category sales, sell-out, gross margin and turnover and translates insights into key selling points, or category opportunities
- Manages and tracks brand/category sales planning and forecasting processes and ensuring the sales targets are achieved consistently.
- Ensures effective ‘in season’ management for the given brand/category of products (stock balancing, markdown management, stock analysis, stock vs sales performance).
- Studies trends from historical data around brand/category sales and market research to assist in the overall planning process
- Ensures optimum utilization of customer research information to guide brand/category export decisions, including decisions on the introduction of new products, product assortment, promotion and pricing of products in the store
- Ensures access to market intelligence through various sources on competition pricing and business and analysis of trends which may impact the Business Unit
- Manages the relationship and liaises with principals/supplies on matters relating to price negotiations, product launches, marketing campaigns, forthcoming offerings and events
- Analyses sales related data for products within the brand/category portfolio and provides insights into enhancing potential sales opportunities
- Ensures development and reporting of the category review reports on quarterly basis
- The role will involve travelling to the various sectors on a regular basis as part of Market Identification and Portfolio Building Strategy.
Educational Qualifications & Certificates:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management/ Marketing or equivalent
- Master’s degree in Buying and Merchandising
- A minimum of 6 - 8 years of UAE Experience with at least 4 years in managing brand/category of Skincare, Fitness, Wellness and Nutrition products across GCC Regions.
Required Professional Skills:
- Product/category/brand knowledge
- Industry Knowledge
- MS Office and tools
- Analytical skills