GMG is a global well-being company retailing, distributing and manufacturing a portfolio of leading international and home-grown brands across sport, food and health sectors. Its vision is to inspire people to win in ways that make the world better. Today, GMG’s investments span across four key verticals: GMG Sports, GMG Food, GMG Health, and GMG Consumer Goods. Under the ownership and management of the Baker family, it has become a leading global company, affiliated with the world’s most successful and respected brands in the well-being sector. Working across the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia, GMG has introduced more than 120 brands into its markets.
About the Role:
Support the strategic business planning process and report on weekly / monthly / quarterly / annual results and in-season opportunities across genders, segments and all lines of business.
- Compile data and reports to support decision making and facilitate periodic cadence of contractual reporting to various brands
- Monitor business performance and deliver insights on results vs. targeted objectives to drive sales, product margin, and inventory health for gender, segments and dimensions through statistical analysis and data-driven decision-making tools.
- Provide historical context, business results, category share & performance trends to support & validate the Long-Range Sales Forecasts (LRSF) submitted to the brand/s on a seasonal basis
- Set, review, reconcile and/or execute seasonal allocation planning, in-season demand through account inputs and supply plans through forecasting and analytics. Address forecast variances and improve forecasting accuracy.
- Drive clarity on results and variances to targeted expectations to key stakeholders and drive decision making.
- Assess risk within business objectives & category plans and proactively escalate risks or opportunities that are grounded in data driven insights. Present options to mitigate any potential risks.
- Responsible for maximizing product availability & access while supporting inventory management strategies and replenishment goals. End-to-end ownership of weekly stock catalogs with current Free to Sell (FTS) inventory.
- Input into the seasonal forecasting process alongside Consumer & Marketplace management team to secure product access and allocations from brand; enabling growth while managing inventory, SOH and sell through considerations.
- Evaluate historical trends and data, along with consumer & market research to assist the overall planning process
- Ensures data driven insights guide brand/category management decisions, including the introduction of new products, channel assortments, consumer & marketplace pricing across all regions.