GMG is a global well-being company retailing, distributing and manufacturing a portfolio of leading international and home-grown brands across sport, food and health sectors. Its vision is to inspire people to win in ways that make the world better. Today, GMG’s investments span across four key verticals: GMG Sports, GMG Food, GMG Health, and GMG Consumer Goods. Under the ownership and management of the Baker family, it has become a leading global company, affiliated with the world’s most successful and respected brands in the well-being sector. Working across the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia, GMG has introduced more than 120 brands into its markets.
The role holder is responsible for managing all in-store sales activities, including customer service, and achievement of sales targets in alignment with long-term sales goals of the Business Unit. The role holder is also responsible for being the expert in the brands/ products of the Skin & Beauty category, identifying potential customers, and ensuring they are in line with the strategy of the Business Unit Key
- Adheres to sales target and strategic plan to ensure optimization and profitability of the Business Unit
- Possesses solid knowledge of the brands and conveys the knowledge to the customers. Actively participates in trainings, events and workshops organized by the brand/ business unit.
- Develops cross-selling opportunities within the Skin & Beauty category to ensure achievement of sales target/ KPIs
- Manages sales operations, regularly monitors day-to-day operations, including customer service standards
- Ensures Skin & Beauty category is properly merchandized as per the visual merchandising guidelines and products are displayed as per agreed upon planograms
- Collaborates with Store Manager & other team members to ensure sales targets & other KPIs are achieved.
- Creates regular reports, including daily sales and KPI reports as instructed by the Store Manager/ Area Manager
- Understand and participate in the operations of the store and provides Store Manager with appropriate reports.
- Advises customers on forthcoming product developments and discusses special promotions
- Provides customers with clarifications, answers queries, provides requested information and follows-up with customers
- Performs other responsibilities and tasks as required or as directed by management from time to time
- Defines performance goals at the start of the year in discussion with the reporting manager and ensures that the goals are achieved during the course of the year
- Takes ownership of his/her own learning agenda by identifying development needs in consultation with the manager and agreeing on the individual development plan
- Keeps abreast of professional developments, new techniques and current issues through continued education and professional growth
Educational Qualifications and Certificates:
- High School/ Diploma
- A minimum of 1 to 3 years of relevant experience as Sales
- Knowledgeable about Skincare and Cosmetics
- Knowledge of retail processes and industry
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation