GMG is a global well-being company retailing, distributing and manufacturing a portfolio of leading international and home-grown brands across sport, food and health sectors. Its vision is to inspire people to win in ways that make the world better. Today, GMG’s investments span across four key verticals: GMG Sports, GMG Food, GMG Health, and GMG Consumer Goods. Under the ownership and management of the Baker family, it has become a leading global company, affiliated with the world’s most successful and respected brands in the well-being sector. Working across the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia, GMG has introduced more than 120 brands into its markets.
About the Role
Manage Distribution Centre performance
- Work closely with the Operations Manager to ensure continuous stock and accurate stock flow from the distribution facility.
- Ensure continuous training to provide efficient production and work performance within the facility.
- Recommend operational process change to the Operations Manager.
Responsible for team management
Coach, develop, train and motivate team.
- Continuously appraise Distribution Centre Employees.
- Maintain Employee levels/structures, assess performance.
- Manage staff Rota & attendance. Ensure staff Annual leaves are planned in line with the business requirement.
- Monitor productivity levels with regard to worked hours per task per shift. Feedback findings to relevant Supervisor
Prepare weekly and monthly reports as required
- Assist in budgeting processes.
- Meet regularly with Merchandisers and other retail departments.
- Provide accurate performance and cost information.
Responsible for ensuring the all housekeeping and safety guidelines are adhered to in line with company policy and procedure.
- Responsible for ensuring that all housekeeping and safety standards are consistent with company policy and adhered to on a daily basis.
- Create and maintain standards appropriate to changing requirements/work practices.
- Develop and maintain clear internal and external communication channels
- Provide accurate information and support to operations.
- Maintain and deliver communication channels within the facility.
- Ensure team briefings take place on a daily/weekly basis.
- Create and maintain an internal communication strategy.
- Develop improvements to the communication flow between Distribution Centers and the Business Units.