GMG is a global well-being company retailing, distributing and manufacturing a portfolio of leading international and home-grown brands across sport, food and health sectors. Its vision is to inspire people to win in ways that make the world better. Today, GMG’s investments span across four key verticals: GMG Sports, GMG Food, GMG Health, and GMG Consumer Goods. Under the ownership and management of the Baker family, it has become a leading global company, affiliated with the world’s most successful and respected brands in the well-being sector. Working across the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia, GMG has introduced more than 120 brands into its markets.
About the Role:
The role holder is responsible for providing administrative support by assisting in the activities that facilitate the flow of work in the related Division/Business Unit/Department. Responsible for managing and providing all the paperwork, office procedures and other administrative tasks to facilitate operational requirements of the Division/Business Unit/Department.
Key Performance Areas to include but not limited to:
- Prioritize workload & process information to meet deadlines whilst maintaining accurate files.
- Co-ordinate with Shipping & IT Departments.
- Co-ordinate with Merchandisers regarding new shipments; follow up on stock damage during transit, storage/excess claims to be prepared, ensure stock is properly binned / tagged.
- Ensure adherence to all division / company, local & legal requirements.
- Follow-up with IT & Finance regarding stock written off (testers/ uniform/ damage/ give-aways/ defective products).
- Check that the Distribution Centre meets H&S regulations.
- Ensure Periodic maintenance conducted for all equipment.
- Manage a team including workload, motivation, training & appraisals.
- Ensure Supervision and Leadership to the team.
- Inform/guide Employees on company policies & procedures.
- Appraise Employees & monitor performance against set goals. Identify development needs and potential in order to assign appropriate job functions to develop them.
- Follow up on Employee welfare issues.
- File all goals & appraisals for Distribution Centre team.
- Assist in maintaining a clean & well-organized Distribution Centre, conducting daily inspection checks of areas.
- Carry out Employee searches on arrival & departure.
- Keep Manager updated on day to day matters: Seek approval for Employee overtime, advise on Employee & staffing problems, seek approval for all maintenance expenses, recommend resourcing levels to Manager, plan staffing & supervise transfer of stock during sales & Plan & inform subordinates regarding stock takes.
- Provide details of worked hours per task per shift.
- Process documentations in a timely manner & communicate progress to relevant parties & Line Manager.
- Develop efficient processes to meet company objectives.
- Keep inventory of non-saleable stock (bag/fittings/display item/flyers etc.)
- Plan & receive shipments status reports, advise of shipment sizes & stock allocations. Advise on & control stock allocation.
- Develop internal & external relationships to benefit department & company.
- Ensure that the right items are delivered..
- Defines performance goals at the start of the year in discussion with the reporting manager and ensures that the goals are achieved during the course of the year
- Takes ownership of his/her own learning agenda by identifying development needs in consultation with the manager and agreeing on the individual development plan which goes beyond just training and development
- Keeps abreast of professional developments, new techniques and current issues through continued education and professional growth
Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 1-3 years of experience in the same capacity as supervisor
- Must had an experience in Retail warehousing.
- Good team skills to be able to work with others.
- Good leadership skills.
- Ability to fully carry out instructions.
- Ability to multitask
- High attention to detail
- Strong organization and coordination skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Word processing and/or data entry skills