GMG is a global well-being company retailing, distributing and manufacturing a portfolio of leading international and home-grown brands across sport, food and health sectors. Its vision is to inspire people to win in ways that make the world better. Today, GMG’s investments span across four key verticals: GMG Sports, GMG Food, GMG Health, and GMG Consumer Goods. Under the ownership and management of the Baker family, it has become a leading global company, affiliated with the world’s most successful and respected brands in the well-being sector. Working across the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia, GMG has introduced more than 120 brands into its markets.
About the role
The role holder is responsible for managing the inventory and retail budgets (Open To Buy (OTB), densities, inventory health, sell-through, Gross Margin Return On Inventory Investment (GMROII)) to ensure stock deliveries to the stores as per approved capacity plans and store profile to achieve sales objectives. The role holder is responsible for providing effective brand/category planning and in season management of assortments and inventory level.
- Develops financial merchandise plans for all brand/categories based on insights gained from analytics, customer preference, historical trends and future outlook projected by the buyer
- Determines high-level financial goals including pre-season financial plans, in-season projections, open-to-buy management and new store budgets for the brand/category
- Prepares and monitors brand/category MIS analytics based on actual sales, sales forecasts, company order parameters, inventory checks, forth coming events, replenishment needs etc.
- Discusses, decides and monitors the strategic plans around the following factors
- Sales, Stock, OTB, Margins, Forward Cover etc.
- Order Quantity, Allocation, Replenishment etc.
- Communicates the plans to buying team for necessary execution and ensures effective in-season management across stores/areas (stock balancing, markdown management, stock analysis, stock vs sales performance)
- Reviews the merchandise plans on a periodic basis to ensure profit is maximized and maintained to reach target levels
- Ensures optimum inventory levels are maintained for each brand/category, keeping in mind store requirements as well as working capital constraints
- Ensures that no instances of stock outs occur on account of any discrepancy on part of planning
- Ensures excess inventory is not maintained at the warehouses or the stores and there is proper adherence to the GMG policies and procedures
- Ensures proper coordination with the store managers and distribution centers to ensure that the goods are delivered to respective stores as per the requested quantities and agreed timelines
- Ensures identification of obsolete/slow moving stock and obtain management approval on markdowns and product discounts to ensure stock is liquidated as per retail /brand/category guidelines
- Prepares variance analysis reports of stocks and sales against budgeted figures, identify brand/category growth opportunities to minimize down trending business
- Monitors and sets targets by brand/category for GMROII and densities to increase profitability
Job requirements :
- A minimum of 7 -9 years of relevant experience
- Must have handled at least the following volume: (a) more than AED 300 million per year (b) 2000 – 2500 styles (c) 8000 – 10,000 SKU’s.
- Must have worked in either Retail, FMCG or Ecommerce. Ideally, in Apparel/ Footwear/ Fashion.
- Must be an excellent user ERP’s (e.g. SAP or Oracle). Experience of using Power BI is desirable. Must have experience in the following areas: preseason, central planning, controlling of Investments, OTB, margin management, markdown planning, discounting, inventory management and financial planning (budget planning - sales and GP Budgets.