Pharmacist - OMAN
We usually respond within a week
GMG is a global well-being company retailing, distributing and manufacturing a portfolio of leading international and home-grown brands across sport, food and health sectors. Its vision is to inspire people to win in ways that make the world better. Today, GMG’s investments span across four key verticals: GMG Sports, GMG Food, GMG Health, and GMG Consumer Goods. Under the ownership and management of the Baker family, it has become a leading global company, affiliated with the world’s most successful and respected brands in the well-being sector. Working across the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia, GMG has introduced more than 120 brands into its markets.
About the role:
CALLING ALL OMANI NATIONALS AND EXPATS BASED IN OMAN.
The role holder is responsible for providing customers with an effective pharmaceutical service by dispensing drugs prescribed by physicians and other health practitioners as well as providing information to customers about medications and their use.
- Reviews customer’s prescriptions to assure accuracy, to ascertain the needed drugs, and to evaluate their suitability
- Provides the customer with information and advice regarding drug interactions, side effects, dosage, and proper medication storage
- Compounds and dispenses medications as prescribed by physicians and other health practitioners
- Ensures understanding the customer’s needs by conducting necessary questioning and providing assistance when necessary
- Achieves sales targets by using sales techniques, up-selling and cross selling of all Super Care categories
- Orders and purchases pharmaceutical supplies, medical supplies, or drugs, maintaining stock storing and handling
- Complies with local rules and regulations in regard to pharmacy activities, including but not limited to preparation, labeling and delivery of medication and other pharmaceutical supplies
- Maintains and reports the pharmacy’s records as required by the external authorities (i.e. Dubai Health Authority, Ministry of Health, etc.)
- Advises customers on the selection of medication brands, medical equipment, or healthcare supplies and trains them on how to use the devices (i.e. blood pressure devices, diabetes monitors, etc.)
- Develops strong working relationships with local physicians and healthcare practitioners with an objective to strengthen the Division’s business
- Liaises with insurance companies to process insurance on time and resolve billing issues
- Handles daily operational tasks such as inventory management, expiry management, merchandising, etc.
- Coaches and guides Trainee Pharmacists in preparation for their graduation or licensure
- Manages monthly mandatory reports related to all sales concerning controlled medicines as required by external authorities such as Dubai Health Authority, Ministry of Health, etc. (this will be assumed by those designated as a Pharmacist in Charge)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy
- License from: Dubai Health Authority, Ministry of Health or Department of Health.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a registered pharmacist.
- Work Location - UAE
- Language skills
- Strong English and Arabic language skills (written and spoken)
- Additional skills
- Product knowledge
- Problem-solving skills
- Quality and customer service orientation
- Store Manager
- Retail Team
- Customers Vendors and Distributors
- Abu Dhabi , Dubai, Sharjah
- Job Type
- Contract Type
Pharmacist - OMAN
Loading application form
Already working at GMG?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.