GMG is a global well-being company retailing, distributing and manufacturing a portfolio of leading international and home-grown brands across sport, food and health sectors. Its vision is to inspire people to win in ways that make the world better. Today, GMG’s investments span across four key verticals: GMG Sports, GMG Food, GMG Health, and GMG Consumer Goods. Under the ownership and management of the Baker family, it has become a leading global company, affiliated with the world’s most successful and respected brands in the well-being sector. Working across the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia, GMG has introduced more than 120 brands into its markets.
About the role
To support and carry out the daily operations including preparation and display of relevant seafood items, ensure freshness and customer appeal using excellent merchandising skills
- Responsible for cleaning, grading, sorting, filleting and portioning/ deboning fish as per set guidelines, follow the cutting guidelines every day ensuring the quality and quantity of the products and its display as per standards
- To assist the customer with custom cuts and trims of the fish according to specific customer demands
- To manage specialized fishery equipment including knives, hand tools, utensils and equipment to cut fish in the station, and appropriately clean and store them in their respective places.
- Ensure First In First Out (FIFO) principles are followed or used in displays and stock movement.
- Ensuring the freshness of the fish by storing it safely as per the guidelines of the section
- Ensure all price tags are accurate, updated, clean and easily visible
- Participate in inventory and stock takes every fortnight
- Maintain excellent standard of self-hygiene including proper and clean uniform / appearance.
At least 2-3 years of experience in cutting and placing fish in display counters, weighing and labeling