GMG is a global well-being company retailing, distributing and manufacturing a portfolio of leading international and home-grown brands across sport, food and health sectors. Its vision is to inspire people to win in ways that make the world better. Today, GMG’s investments span across four key verticals: GMG Sports, GMG Food, GMG Health, and GMG Consumer Goods. Under the ownership and management of the Baker family, it has become a leading global company, affiliated with the world’s most successful and respected brands in the well-being sector. Working across the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia, GMG has introduced more than 120 brands into its markets.
About the role:
The role holder is responsible for providing administrative support by assisting in the activities that facilitate workflow in the related Division/Business Unit/Department. Responsible for managing and providing all the paperwork, office procedures and other administrative tasks to facilitate operational requirements of the Division/Business Unit/Department. Responsible for the overall betterment of the facilities to always meet the requirement.
Key Performance Areas to include but not limited to:
Prioritize workload & process information to meet deadlines whilst maintaining accurate files.
- Coordinate with Shipping & IT Departments.
- Coordinate with Merchandisers regarding new shipments; follow up on stock damage during transit, storage/excess claims to be prepared, and ensure stock is adequately binned/tagged.
- Ensure adherence to all division/company, local & legal requirements.
- Follow-up with IT & Finance regarding stock written off (testers/ uniform/ damage/giveaways/ defective products).
- Check that the Distribution Centre meets H&S regulations.
- Ensure Periodic maintenance is conducted for all equipment.
- Manage a team including workload, motivation, training & appraisals.
- Ensure Supervision and Leadership to the team.
- Inform/guide Employees on company policies & procedures.
- Appraise Employees & monitor performance against set goals.
- Identify development needs and potential in order to assign appropriate job functions to develop them.
- Follow up on Employee welfare issues.
- File all goals & appraisals for the Distribution Centre team.
- Assist in maintaining a clean & well-organized Distribution Centre, conducting daily inspection checks of areas.
- Carry out Employee searches on arrival & departure.
- Keep Manager updated on day-to-day matters: Seek approval for Employee overtime, advise on Employee & staffing problems, seek support for all maintenance expenses, recommend resourcing levels to Manager, plan to staff & supervise the transfer of stock during sales & Plan & inform subordinates regarding stock takes.
- Provide details of worked hours per task per shift.
- Develop efficient processes to meet company objectives.
- Keep inventory of non-saleable stock (bag/fittings/display items/flyers etc.)
- Plan & receive shipments status reports, and advise of shipment sizes & stock allocations. Advise on & control stock allocation.
- Develop internal & external relationships to benefit the department & company.
- Ensure that the right items are delivered.
- Defines performance goals at the start of the year in discussion with the reporting manager and ensures that the goals are achieved during the course of the year.
- Takes ownership of his/her own learning agenda by identifying development needs in consultation with the manager and agreeing on the individual development plan which goes beyond just training and development.
- Keeps abreast of professional developments, new techniques and current issues through continued education and professional growth.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of experience in the same capacity as supervisor
- Must have an experience in Retail warehousing.
- Must have worked with WMS
- High School/ Diploma