Record to Report (R2R) provides finance services i.e., Journal processing, Financial Group Reporting, Balance Sheet Account Reconciliations and Compliance Reporting. This position is responsible for leading a service-oriented team and managing the R2R process to deliver timely and accurate financial reporting to the assigned countries across South East Asia (SEA).
Key Accountabilities Operational Activities:
● Overseeing the R2R portfolio which specialised in Accounting & Reporting
● Taking ownership of completion of closing activities but not limited to governance of accuracy for all activities or transactions.
● Ensure the daily operational activities for R2R as whole are managed and delivered timely.
● Operation activities consisting of Journal processing, AARO reporting, Balance Sheet Account Reconciliation and Compliance reporting are managed and delivered timely to the relevant Stakeholder aligned with corporate deadlines.
● Leading a team and monitor team processing to ensure accuracy, timely execution and in compliance with accounting principles.
● Take ownership of the end-to-end full process of the annual external audit.
● First contact point for Locations for any escalation for all R2R operational activities by providing a solution to location promptly to resolve the issues and making sure that services provided are meeting service levels and quality.
● Ensuring all team members are complying to the Desktop Task Procedure (DTP).
● Attending queries/requirement/recommendation from internal team/ Location/ Auditors on the operational activities in accordance to KPIs.
● Takes accountability for own and team performance by monitoring closely via Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) results and constantly provides solutions to improve the results.
● Lead operational meeting with team and ensure all required action items agreed with the internal team/ Locations / External Auditors within agreed deadline.
● Collaborate/Coordinate with the other functional teams to ensure that the integrated process carried out smoothly to provide constant and quality deliverables to locations.
● Report to Management promptly on the status of the operations and ensure prompt escalation to management if necessary.
● Ensuring that appropriate General Ledger processes, controls, policies and procedures are in place and comply with Company’s standards.
- Ability to demonstrate good leadership and work independently with minimum supervision
- Team & People Management skill including resources management; staff engagement and monitoring.
- Build and sustain effective relationships with functional teams and across BUs to deliver quality performance and implement best practices.
- Engage the stakeholder to resolve any operational issues
- Constantly review, signoff and maintain accurate and up to date DTPs and reference materials.
- Identify opportunities and implement process improvements, simplifications and standardization.
- Identify business needs and contribute solutions to business problems.
- Any other duties as required that can generally be expected from Process Manager
● Masters / Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field from a renowned university/institution.
● Professional qualification with a recognized global or international accounting body (CPA, ACCA etc)
● 8 - 10 years in finance and accounting, financial planning and analysis including exposure to Asia finance operations preferably in one of the Big 4 accounting firms
● Proficient in Finance & Accounting software, e.g. SAP (including BPC), PowerBI
● Strong organization & multi-tasking skills, and an eye-for-detail.
● Excellent knowledge of English (written, verbal).
● Strong analytical and excel modelling skills, and familiarity with Financial Modelling and scenario analysis