Store Manager | Oman
GMG is a global well-being company retailing, distributing and manufacturing a portfolio of leading international and home-grown brands across sport, food and health sectors. Its vision is to inspire people to win in ways that make the world better. Today, GMG’s investments span across four key verticals: GMG Sports, GMG Food, GMG Health, and GMG Consumer Goods. Under the ownership and management of the Baker family, it has become a leading global company, affiliated with the world’s most successful and respected brands in the well-being sector. Working across the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia, GMG has introduced more than 120 brands into its markets.
About the role:
The role holder is responsible for managing and driving sales for the store through efficient store operations, visual merchandising, customer service delivery, motivation and retention of store personnel in adherence to GMG norms. The job holder is also responsible for managing and coaching the store team.
- Communicates store targets to the team and drives sales to achieve financial objectives
- Maintains proper loss prevention standards and ensures compliance with cash handling, fraud and theft of products
- Oversees and monitors all point of sales activities in the store which includes - sales transactions, tracking customer orders and payments, registering sale and maintaining inventory updates, providing service, handling returns and refunds, gathering consumer data for feedback’ etc.
- Oversees cash transaction entry and management (petty cash, point of sales (POS) cash elements, change floats)
- Regularly audits own store administration and resolves any issues; assists in carrying out annual stock counts and spot checks
- Monitors and handles customer complaints and take corrective action in line with policy; resolves customer complaints and responds to feedback in a timely and professional manner
- Tracks and evaluates brand sales performance, research market trends and competitor trading activities to identify critical business factors and propose action plans to increase sales and profitability
- Monitors and analyzes sales reports and provides insights to maximize stock potential; reports on the performance of new and core collections
- Maintains window and in-store displays to a high standard in line with merchandising guidelines
- Oversees and monitors the inventory management in the store ( stock availability, order management, back store management, stock movement within store)
- Ensures accurate stock merchandise and management (stock ageing , stock loss, space management) within the store
- Coordinates with facilities department on repairs or replacements of furniture or equipment; supports company maintenance standards/programs to optimize asset life
- Maintains staffing levels consistent with operational needs to ensure exceptional customer service; prepares schedules and ensures adequate shift coverage
- Ensures seasonal peaks, important promotional events are taken account of when preparing forecasts and staff rosters
- Ensures that the team is adequately trained in inventory management techniques such as in-bound movement of goods, receiving, stocking, restocking, transfers and managing inventory discrepancies
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Industry expertise
- Product/Category knowledge
- Retail Experience in GCC
- Store Manager
- Sun & Sand Sports
- Job Type
- Contract Type
Store Manager | Oman
Loading application form
Already working at GMG?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.