GMG is a global well-being company retailing, distributing and manufacturing a portfolio of leading international and home-grown brands across sport, food and health sectors. Its vision is to inspire people to win in ways that make the world better. Today, GMG’s investments span four key verticals: GMG Sports, GMG Food, GMG Health, and GMG Consumer Goods. Under the ownership and management of the Baker family, it has become a leading global company, affiliated with the world’s most successful and respected brands in the well-being sector. Working across the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia, GMG has introduced more than 120 brands into its markets.
The role holder is responsible for managing inventory, developing and implementing inventory control systems, coordinating with logistics for stock reconciliations, brand team for purchase requisition and near-expiry stock management. The role also manages the team of inventory accountants and supports stock audits.
- Monitors and maintains current inventory levels; processes purchasing requisitions as required; tracking orders and investigates variances on stock arrival against PO.
- Providing Weekly MIS on Stock Positions, Stock Coverage and Pipeline stock to management for timely action.
- Providing Weekly and monthly MIS on Near expiry stock to respective cross functional teams for timely action.
- Ensures proper recording of Purchase in system including all the stock related expenses are reflected correctly.
- Maintains proper control on Promo Packing such as stock movement, costing and variances.
- Coordinating with Brand team on liquidation of Near Expiry stocks lying in warehouse and Minimizes wastages.
- Leading the Stock Count activities across the warehouses to ensure proper stock position is reflected by the books.
- Coordinating with IT department on system related development and issues.
- Creation of New Brands, New SKUs, Merchandising Category in system, Bar code creation, mapping of new SKUs with warehouse system.
- Maintaining proper control over Non-trade Inventory, packing Material, Factory Raw Materials and Ingredients by ensure regular physical stock counts and submitting report on variances with root cause and proposed resolution.
- Proper reconciliation of stocks between SAP and EWM and proper implementation of SOP’s.
- Managing and leading a team of inventory accountants by assigning tasks and monitoring daily operations.
Educational Qualifications and Certificates
Bachelor’s degree minimum, MBA, ACCA or CPA preferred but not mandatory
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience as Inventory / Costing Senior Accountant or above, actively handling inventory, pre-order and van sales operations.
- Must have worked in either FMCG / F&B or Retail with 200+ SKUs and AED 80+ MM value, in fast paced environment.
- Strong knowledge of Supply Chain / Distribution, in particular inbound, outbound, dispatch and warehousing.
Expert knowledge of Excel and well versed in relevant management reporting.