GMG is a global well-being company retailing, distributing and manufacturing a portfolio of leading international and home-grown brands across sport, everyday goods, health and beauty, properties, and logistics sectors. Its vision is to inspire people to win in ways that make the world better. GMG's investments span across five key verticals: GMG Sports, GMG Everyday Goods, GMG Health and Beauty, GMG Properties, and GMG Logistics. Under the ownership and management of the Baker family, it has become a leading global company, affiliated with the world’s most successful and respected brands in the well-being sector. Working across the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia, GMG has introduced more than 120 brands into its markets.
About the role
This position is responsible for working closely with the Sustainability Senior manager to help further develop our social responsibility strategy and plans.
This position will also help engage the brand in new philanthropic campaigns and social causes, as well as coordinating and executing existing campaigns, programs and communications that align with the GMG’s business objectives.
- Look for the best partners in all our markets to develop our campaigns and long-term CSR strategy
- Coordinate philanthropic campaigns and serve as a liaison between the Company and our charitable partners
- Coordinate the CSR Community program which highlights the partnerships with the local community level
- Coordinate volunteering program
- Partner with engagement teams for CSR activations
- Partner with marketing and communication departments across all business units to coordinate CSR activities, sponsorships, campaigns etc.
- Work with different business units within GMG to understand more about their social efforts
- Consolidate and report on social responsibility activities across the brands
- Assist in gathering data for CSR presentations for the Leadership Committee, Board of Directors,
- Assist Business Units with their individual team initiatives, activities, and meetings
- Assist in publication of newsletters and brand communications
- Other duties as assigned, including department projects
- Bachelor's degree in marketing and/or communications, public health, social work, education or a related field.
- At least 3-5 years of work experience with nonprofits and/or program coordination or fundraising organisations.
- Interest in social causes and/or philanthropy
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information
- Ability to multi-task, work with all professionals at different levels of the organization
- Strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Familiarity with social networking sites
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Arabic is a plus
- Excellent listening and assessment skills