GMG is a global well-being company retailing, distributing and manufacturing a portfolio of leading international and home-grown brands across sport, food and health sectors. Its vision is to inspire people to win in ways that make the world better. Today, GMG’s investments span four key verticals: GMG Sports, GMG Food, GMG Health, and GMG Consumer Goods. Under the ownership and management of the Baker family, it has become a leading global company, affiliated with the world’s most successful and respected brands in the well-being sector. Working across the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia, GMG has introduced more than 120 brands into its markets.
About the role
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for managing all inventory control-related activities. Planning and execution of annual stock take of the retail stores (pharma and sports). Root cause analysis to understand and improve Shrinkage and Inventory Accuracy.
- Delivering projects to support shrinkage and inventory accuracy
- Develop the company’s inventory management strategy to control costs within budgetary limits, generate savings, rationalising inventory and maximizing available working capital
- Manage and maintain the company’s material and stocked product inventory including stock profiles and stock locations
- Manage and control perpetual inventory stock counting/inventory accuracy checks
- Minimise overstocks and remove obsolete/redundant raw materials to maximize the availability of working capital
- Ensure that the goods inward / stock control department is well organised and controlled to sufficiently support production and the goals of the business.
- Ensure incoming product is receipted and managed appropriately according to company procedure.
- Ensure materials are ready and available for production as and when required.
- Ensure that any materials that are late or holding up production for whatever reason are chased and followed up until received.
- Ensure sub-contract processes are received back and that suppliers are chased to ensure no late delivery situation.
- Provide routine management information on inventory performance
* Monitor and evaluate consumables usage & cost
* Monitor & evaluate material utilization and scrap
- Implement improvement processes and systems to reduce inventory, minimise costs and maximize working capital.
- Write and maintain accurate written procedures for all main inventory.
- control processes and functions.
- Be responsible for managing and running planned stock takes.
- Perform cyclic stock checks.
- Ensure works orders are correct and fully completed and that all stock has been allocated to the job correctly.
- Ensure integrity and accuracy of the stock management system.
- Produce daily reports to ensure key critical areas of the stock system are controlled and any discrepancies are addressed and resolved.
- Manage control measures to ensure mistakes, inaccuracies and discrepancies are highlighted, addressed and resolved.
- Achieve a minimum of 95% inventory record accuracy
- Ideally possess a relevant professional qualification and/or suitable background experience in inventory management/purchasing
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong Communication with stakeholders
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for a demanding
and customer-focused working environment.
- Possess excellent personal organisation and business administration skills in
accordance with modern best practice methods.
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently & effectively with initiative
and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to
detail and quality.
- Possess the willingness to learn, improve and adapt.
- Possess relevant IT skills in basic MS Office applications - outlook, excel &
word in particular and a working knowledge of business ERP systems | SAP.
As per company norms.