GMG is a global well-being company retailing, distributing and manufacturing a portfolio of leading international and home-grown brands across sport, food and health sectors. Its vision is to inspire people to win in ways that make the world better. Today, GMG’s investments span across four key verticals: GMG Sports, GMG Food, GMG Health, and GMG Consumer Goods. Under the ownership and management of the Baker family, it has become a leading global company, affiliated with the world’s most successful and respected brands in the well-being sector. Working across the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia, GMG has introduced more than 120 brands into its markets.
• Supervise and oversee security functions within GMG premises, to include management of day-to-day activities, assigning and directing work to security staff, appraise performance and rewarding and disciplining employees.
• Oversee routine patrols of GMG premises internally and externally, ensuring awareness of any suspicious persons, fires, vandalism, hazards, or any other risks.
• Ensure all the entry and exit points of the premises such as doors and windows are locked during non-working hours to prevent any unlawful entry and respond to any distress calls and/or alarms.
• Screen all visitors before allowing them to enter the premises and provide a written record of all visitors, maintenance contractors and deliveries entry/exit timings and contents to the premises.
• Ensure Security staffs are Complying to the Material Movement Record (MMR) policies and procedures.
• Interact with guests and employees in a professional manner.
• Deal with all incidents and emergencies within laid down response and escalation procedure.
• Develop and initiate preventable measures against incidents, theft, and any other risks.
• Ensure Information security standards are maintained throughout the premises for all employees.
• Receive verbal and written reports from subordinates and follow up on actions required.
• Compile comprehensive security reports for management as required.
• Train new employees within the security team and schedule regular training programs and GMG policy updates for security personnel.
• Evaluate, assess, and analyze performance of all security personnel, providing comprehensive reports where applicable.
• Supervise continuous 24 hour, 7 days per week monitoring of the CCTV control room.
• Maintain all security devises and products in good working condition, reporting to Line manager and loss prevention technician with any issues that may arise with security equipment.
• Responsible for the safe keeping, distribution and return of all GMG premises keys both internal and external.
• Comply with security and site Health and Safety policies and procedures.
• Maintain knowledge of all GMG company policies and procedures adhering to all rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with GMG company policies.
• Ensure compliance of applicable policies and regulations while implementing security measures.
• Ensure that all access control card records are kept up to date, ensuring that employees have only have access to their authorized areas.
• Ensure employees are not using other members of staff employment cards to gain access.