GMG is a global well-being company retailing, distributing and manufacturing a portfolio of leading international and home-grown brands across sport, food and health sectors. Its vision is to inspire people to win in ways that make the world better. Today, GMG’s investments span across four key verticals: GMG Sports, GMG Food, GMG Health, and GMG Consumer Goods. Under the ownership and management of the Baker family, it has become a leading global company, affiliated with the world’s most successful and respected brands in the well-being sector. Working across the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia, GMG has introduced more than 120 brands into its markets.
About the Role:
The role holder is part of credit team of finance and is responsible for collection, follow-up for payment but not limited to Customer statement recon, month end closure, Annual and Internal audit. The role holder is also responsible for supporting and enhancing the measures to improve financial governance and collection.
- Review application & mandatory documents in line with Credit Policy and proposed to the management for approval / rejection
- Ensure customer data are maintained in customer master, updated in equal intervals
- Maintaining credit limits & payment terms in the system and ensure periodic review
- Release the credit block orders as per credit policy and special approvals
- Publish SOA to customers & resolve queries from customer
- Monitoring the AR team to ensure receipts are allocated as per payment details form customer
- Obtain balance confirmation from customers on periodic basis
- Update receivable manager on customer payment history & risk involved
- Providing customer statement and ageing reports to sales team for collection and follow-up of overdue amounts
Collection & payment follow-up
- Regular review of customer overdue with sales team and track collection plan
- Contact customer and make sure payment are recovered as per due date
- Follow-up overdue from customers and escalation to next level in accordance with issued credit policy
- Visit customer to ensure timely collection and dispute resolution
- Prepare overdue report & tracker for collection follow-up
- Preparation of requirement for the External Audit
- Coordinating with the Internal Audit team for any requirements.
- Ensure required SOP are followed on the day-to-day process
- Process improvement plan and control
- Adhoc reports as per line manager request
- Negotiate with customer on payment plan
- Manage AR accountant and their daily task
- Masters in Business/Commerce
- CA inter/CPA/CMA
- A minimum of 4-6 years of experience in AR & Credit with at least 2 years in FMCG similar role in UAE.