GMG is a global well-being company retailing, distributing and manufacturing a portfolio of leading international and home-grown brands across sport, food and health sectors. Its vision is to inspire people to win in ways that make the world better. Today, GMG’s investments span across four key verticals: GMG Sports, GMG Food, GMG Health, and GMG Consumer Goods. Under the ownership and management of the Baker family, it has become a leading global company, affiliated with the world’s most successful and respected brands in the well-being sector. Working across the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia, GMG has introduced more than 120 brands into its markets.
About the role
The job holder is responsible for designing a recruitment framework and managing the end to end recruitment process to hire the best talent at optimized costs by implementing innovative sourcing strategies.
- Develops the sourcing and recruitment strategy for GMG in alignment with the HR strategy and skill gap analysis
- Work closely with stakeholders to create a valuable impact
- Drives the manpower planning process and validates the manpower plans received from different Business Units and Departments and aligns the recruitment plan to approved manpower plans
- Plans creative recruitment campaigns to locate and identify qualified candidates and enhances resourcing processes/systems to drive organizational capability
- Develops the employer value proposition to position GMG as an employer of choice and creates a favorable environment to attract talent into the organization
- Manages recruitment cost and quality, monitors talent sourcing mix and implements best recruitment practices based on competitor analysis and sourcing trends
- Reviews and updates the recruitment process when required to ensure that the selection of talent supports immediate plans and future growth of GMG
- Explores and approves alternate methods like web search, social media, advertisements, employee recommendations and job fairs for sourcing talent
- Establishes strategic tie-ups with head hunters and manages relationships with recruitment agencies.
- Oversees and manages processes related to recruitment and selection such as preliminary screening, interviews and offers in line with policies and guidelines
- Guides the team in developing screening tools and methodologies for assessing potential candidates in different categories based on job requirements and business needs
- Oversees appointment offers and employment contracts and ensures that terms of employment are in line with the job profile and HR policy for all selected candidates
- Ensures offers and salary packages are aligned to the market and GMG policy
- Monitors recruitment metrics on a regular basis and updates the management on recruitment status and open position analysis
- Should be self-driven and able to lead team with overall 10+ years of recruiting experience.
- Defines performance goals at the start of the year in discussion with the reporting manager and ensures that the goals are achieved during the course of the year
- Takes ownership of his/her own learning agenda by identifying development needs in consultation with the manager and agreeing on the individual development plan which goes beyond just training and development
- Keeps abreast of professional developments, new techniques and current issues through continued education and professional growth