GMG is a global well-being company retailing, distributing and manufacturing a portfolio of leading international and home-grown brands across sport, food and health sectors. Its vision is to inspire people to win in ways that make the world better. Today, GMG’s investments span across four key verticals: GMG Sports, GMG Food, GMG Health, and GMG Consumer Goods. Under the ownership and management of the Baker family, it has become a leading global company, affiliated with the world’s most successful and respected brands in the well-being sector. Working across the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia, GMG has introduced more than 120 brands into its markets.
The role holder is responsible for providing GMG with a system level support of operating systems, hardware and software tools, including installation, configuration, maintenance and support of these systems to enhance user’s working environment, that will maximize the work flow and business process of GMG and minimize the down-time of systems and services. The role holder is also responsible for identifying the root causes of the IT issues/problems faced by the respective office/store location and devising an appropriate and timely solution for the issue(s).
About the requirements
- Provides day-to-day technical support for network infrastructure and desktop systems software and hardware to ensure optimum operational efficiency as well as preventative maintenance as per schedule
- Installs, configures and troubleshoots desktop systems, workstations, servers, PDA, POS, tablets , projectors and printers in a heterogeneous environment of corporate and stores
- Provides first level procedural advice to users on technical issues and performs preventive maintenance, either over the phone or in person for all the remote locations (stores) as and when needed
- Utilizes soft skills and troubleshooting skills to resolve customer/business issues and questions in a timely and efficient manner
- Handles and facilitates various network designs, cabling and implementation
- Identifies configuration details for users/service needs, such as Network Switching, Desktop/Laptop etc.
- Handling 3rd parties incidents ISP, Hardware vendors ….etc
- Prioritizes and escalates (third level) support incidents and requests based on business impact and documented guidelines
- Assigns third level issues to assigned internal teams and/or vendors and liaises with senior support teams and/or vendors regarding the progress of their action on assigned problems
- Ensures technical queries not progressing are escalated to seniors according to established procedures to ensure resolution in a timely manner
- Loads the operating system on PCs in accordance with GMG policy
- Adheres to maintenance of software upgrade schedules (e.g. running patches) for individual desktops at the corporate office(s) and store locations
- Advises and trains users to prevent repeated problems
- Documents, tracks and monitors user / business incidents in ticketing system to ensure a timely resolution
- Assists in managing the spares inventory of IT infrastructure like printer, printer toners, desktops, cables etc. across all the locations of GMG (corporate offices and stores)
- Monitors the effectiveness of IT security procedures on an ongoing basis and recommends changes/updates, if any to the Information Technology Manager.
- Ensures equipment required for recovery is in place
- Follows recovery procedures in case of unexpected circumstances affecting normal operations